Gators Updates: Monday May 22
Good Afternoon Gators,
We wanted to give you a few important updates, so please read the email below.
- Our first swim meet is next week, Tuesday May 30. Remember there is NO PRACTICE FOR ANY GROUP on Swim Meet Tuesdays. Please note, Junior Gators do NOT participate in swim meets.
- Make sure you sign up for your child to participate (we call it “declare”) in the swim meet by the Friday before the meet. Coaches will pick the events that your swimmer will swim, based off what we see in practice. You can find all the details on our team website at https://www.decaturgatorswimteam.com/calendar-and-meets.
- We will have a Mock Meet Setup for practice this week (Tuesday May 23) for swimmers at the 5pm, 6pm and 7pm practices. Attend your regularly scheduled practice time and we will introduce meets to our swimmers.
- You will receive an email with details the Saturday before the swim meet.
- In order for our swim meets to run successfully, we need parents to volunteer!! We are looking specifically for a computer operator (you will be trained) and concessions helpers.
- Sign up on the team website here: https://www.decaturgatorswimteam.com/swim_meets under the green button “Job Signup” for each week.
- We have ordered shirts for this season. They will be distributed at practice soon.
- Prior season shirts will be sold for $5 (cash or venmo) this week at practice. Sizes and colors are limited.
- If you know a swimmer who wants some one on one work with a coach, or could use some private swim lessons, please complete the form here and Coach Ashley will get in touch with you: https://tinyurl.com/PrivateSwimLessons23
- We use the Remind texting app to give weather
and pool related updates. Please join the group related to your practice group. Text the code below to 81010:
- Junior Gators: @jrgator-23
- 5pm Practice Group: @gators23-5
- 6pm Practice Group: @gators23-6
- 7pm Practice Group: @gators23-7
Reach out if you have any questions.